Architect: J.J. McCarthy
Earlier church with new front, spire, and aisles added in 1860-62 by J.J. McCarthy. Dedicated in 1862, the internal work was finally completed by 1868. The interior was renovated in 2010 with new altars and fittings as well as heating. The original interior fittings were largely removed following a reordering in 1970.
Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith J. Allen.