Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1874 – Congregational Chapel, New Wortley, Leeds, Yorkshire

Architect: Henry Walker

0004

From The Building News: “Our illustrations this week include a set of drawings, by Mr. Henry Walker, architect, of Leeds, and submitted last July in competition for a new Wesleyan Chapel proposed to be built in one of the out-districts of Leeds. The drawings explain themselves ; but it may be mentioned that the structure is designed to accommodate 931 persons, and to be erected of red brick, with local stone dressings sparingly used, the internal fittings being of red deal stained and varnished.”

Read previous post:
1870s – Church of the Most Holy Redeemer, Ballymore, Co. Westmeath

Quirky-looking church, originally constructed around 1845, with later additions from the 1870s. The tower was eventually completed in 1948 by...

Close