1855 – Railway Station, Edgeworthstown, Co. Longford

Architect: George Wilkinson


Constructed for the Midland Great Western Railway Co., and opened in 8th November 1855. Visually similar to many on this network to the northwest of Ireland – a two storey, four bay building with a lean-to covered waiting area along the platform. It’s individual details like window surrounds that distinguish stations at Dromod, Carrick-on-Shannon, and Ballymote from each other.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com