1866 – St. Paul’s Church, Emo, Co. Laois

Architect: J.S. Butler

borris-in-ossory-church2

The site for the church was a gift from Lord Portarlington, and the parochial house and lands beside the church were granted by the Earl of Portarlington at a nominal rent. It contains the tomb of Aline, the Lady Portarlington, with its recumbent effigy by Joseph Boehm from 1874.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com