1876 – Great Northern Hotel, Rostrevor, Co. Down
A large hotel facing Carlingford Lough, with a main frontage of almost 150 feet broken into a central block and two lower wings. Alongside the hotel were the Temperance Refreshment Rooms, which catered for customers who did not drink alchohol. Originally known as the Mourne Hotel, it was taken over and extended by the Great Northern Railway in the 1890s. William J. Watson was a local architect who worked almost exclusively in south Co. Down, operating out of successively – Newry, Warrenpoint, and Rostrevor. Destroyed by a firebomb during the Northern Ireland Troubles.