1880 – St Raphael’s College, Loughrea, Co. Galway
Former Convent of Mercy complex, now is use as a school. Later wing by W.H. Byrne & Son. The chapel is now in use as school sports hall. Quite a grim institutional feel to the building, the short tower doing nothing to uplift the design.
Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith J. Allen.