1814 – Liffey Bridge, Lucan, Co. Dublin
Designed by George Knowles, architect of Dublin’s Fr. Mathew and O’Donovan Rossa Bridges, and built in 1814 in collaboration with James Savage to replace several bridges which were carried away by floods. Constructed from ashlar masonry with a span of 33 metres and a rise of 6.7 metres. The iron balustraded parapets were made by the Royal Phoenix ironworks of Parkgate Street in Dublin.