Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1868 – Lythe Hill, Haslemere, Surrey

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: Frederick Pepys Cockerell

0002

0002

During 1957 this house was taken over by the Admiralty for use by the staff of Commodore Naval Drafting and was named HMS Centurion. The Royal Navy moved from Lythe Hill in 1970, transferring HMS Centurion to Gosport, Hampshire. Several years later, Lythe Hill house, then empty was destroyed in a fire.

Perspective View published in The Building News, September 15th 1871.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1857 – Balliol College Chapel, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: William Butterfield The existing Chapel is the third on the site. The first was under construction in 1328, with...

Close