Architect: William Tinsley / John Skipton Mulvany
Detached seven-bay three-storey over basement Italianate house incorporating fabric of earlier house constructed for the Malcomson family, whose cotton mills were nearby. Originally designed by William Tinsley, with later additions of 1857 including the tower by J.S. Mulvany. Now sadly ruined, the building has been largely stripped for architectural salvage. The tower remains a dramatic focal point.