1819 – Salmon Weir Bridge, Galway

Architect: William Vitruvius Morrison

galway-salmonweirbridge

galway-jailbridge

Previously known as the Jail Bridge, as the city jail was on the site of where the Cathedral now is. A fine gently humped five-span bridge. Attribute to Morrison in James Hardiman’s ‘History of the town and count of Galway’ (originally published 1820).

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com