Architect: William Mitchell
Hotel constructed between 1890 and 1891 for the Lucan Hydropathic and Spa Hotel Co. Ltd. The spa associated with this hotel appears to have been discovered in 1758. The water of the spa was naturally impregnated with carbonate of lime and sulphureted nitrogen gas
The Irish Builder, on the 1st September 1891, reported that a new hotel was to be built on the site of the former hotel. The adjacent Lucan County Bar served as the Restaurant for the Hotel, while the residents stayed in the main part of the hotel.The building was supplied with water pumped at high pressure from the river Liffey, while spring water for drinking purposes and rainwater for washing were also used.
The Lucan Spa Hotel remained popular into the 1900′s but with the invention of the motor vehicle people looked further afield for their entertainment and as a result, the hotel lost its appeal as a major social and entertainment hub. Later re-modeled in the 1930s by Robinson & Keefe. In 1977, a serious fire destroyed much of the Lucan Spa Hotel which led to reconstruction and the addition of a new wing of bedrooms.