Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan / Ralph H. Byrne
Designed in 1876, and completed by 1881, and reminiscent of Pugin’s work at St. Mary’s Cathedral in Killarney – in particular the central crossing tower. The main facade is asymmetrical due to the organ loft staircase turret. The interior has a fine timber roof, and stobe vaulting beneath the tower. Later spire and mortuary chapel by Ralph H. Byrne. Windows by Mayer & Co. Sanctuary fittingts largely destroyed as a result of re-ordering.
Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith J. Allen.