Architect: William Hague / Ralph H. Byrne
St. Colman’s has been under construction, or at least renovation, for over one hundred years. The original church of 1828 was by either James or George Pain. Later work on the nave, the main facade, and a tower and spire, are believed to be by William Hague, and completed around 1895. Ralph H. Byrne was responsible for what has been described as “almost total rebulding” in the 1930s. This involved the addition of aisles, the raising of the roof, and reconstruction of the transepts, sanctuary and sacristy.