The main body of St. Joseph’s was constructed between 1872 and 1878, with the tower a later addition of 1904 by W.H. Byrne & Son. Later work to the sanctuary in the 1960s by James Boyd Barrett. The interior has a central nave with aisles – the arches supported on columned with polished marble shafts. Much of the original interior still exists – although the altar rails have been removed and the sanctuary area extended out into the crossing. The reredos, stained glass, and most of the other fittings such as the statiosn of the cross and confessionals are still in-situ.
Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith J. Allen.