Constructed between 1857-61., and considered one of Bourke’s finest works. The exterior is dominated by the slender tower and spire, with a set of five lancets with alternating blanks and windows on the main facade. The interior has a fine timber roof structure. The original fittings included a pulpit designed by J.J. McCarthy and carved by James Pearse, but this was removed post Vatican II. There is some fine stained glass by Mayer of Munich, and a window depicting the Resurrection that was made in Amiens and exhibited at the Paris Exhibition of 1878.
Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith J. Allen.