Architect: Sir John Benson
A design for reconstruction comprising a new tower, lengthening of the nave, the insertion of stone mullioned windows and an arch on which a steeple was to rest. The steeple was never added. Benson became County Surveyor in 1851 and engineer for the harbour and Port of Cork. He retired in 1873 due to ill health and died in 1874.