Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1840s – St Michael’s Church, Portarlington, Co. Laois

Architect: Thomas A. Cobden / T.F. McNamara

bankofireland_warehouse_lge

Mainly attributed to Thomas A. Cobden on the basis that the parish priest of the time of construction was the administrator of Carlow during the construction of the cathedral there. Interior sanctuary and nave extended by T.F. McNamara during 1912-15.

Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith J. Allen.

Read previous post:
1731 – Church of Saint Lachtan, Freshford, Co. Kilkenny.

The site of a church from 1100; however all that is left is the beautiful Hiberno-Romanesque architectural porch and doorway....

Close