Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1775c – Taylor’s Castle, Wexford, Co. Wexford

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook3Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

A georgian house, with extended windows and Irish-style castellations. Another view in the Lawrence Collection, in the National Library, taken in the early 20th century, shows it closed-up and semi-derelict. Mostly demolished, between then and 1941. A fragment of ruin now remains off Parnell Street in Wexford town. Most recently the site of Wexford Farmers Co-op.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook3Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

More in Architecture of Wexford, Lost Buildings of Ireland
1786 – Simpson’s Hospital, Parnell St., Dublin

Architect: Simon Vierpyl Simpson’s Hospital was founded in 1779 under the terms of a Mr George Simpson’s will, a Dublin merchant who left bequests to many charities including funds to...

Close