Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1896 – Temple Building, Bay & Richmond Sts., Toronto

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: George Gouinlock

0001

The Temple Building at Bay and Richmond streets is regarded as one of the city’s first skyscrapers. Erected by the Independent Order of Foresters as their world headquarters. Toronto’s tallest building until the Trader’s Bank Building was built in 1905. The building was demolished in 1970 to make way for the Queen-Bay Centre.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1844 – Design for Market House, Clones, Co. Monaghan

Architect: William Deane Butler Design for Market House for Clones. Largely built as illustrated minus the small tower over the...

Close