Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1874 – Offices for Lancaster Gas Company, Lancashire

Architect: Roland Charnley

0197

Published in The Building News, November 27 1874: “Which are now about completed, stand on a plot of ground adjoining the Town-hall, and facing towards the market-place. On the ground- floor is a general office, private office, lavatory, and workshop ; on first door a large showroom for exhibiting gas-lightings, also storeroom, &c.; and on second floor storerooms. Local freestone has been used throughout. The shafts to entrance, &c., are of shaped granite. The contractors are — for the masonry, Mr. C. Baynes ; joiners’ work, Mr. C. Blades ; slating and plastering, Messrs. Cross and Sons ; plumbing, &c., Messsrs. William and Clemenson ; cabinet-makers’ work in office fittings, by Messrs. Haworth and Whittakcr ; the architect being Mr. Rowland Charnley, King-street, Lancaster.”