Original church designed by Patrick Byrne in a Perpendicular Gothic, opened in 1838. Described in Lewis Topographical Dictionary of Ireland: “Clontarf chapel was built after a design by P. Byrne and Son, on a site near the sheds, presented by Mr. Vernon; and M. Carey, Esq., bequeathed £1000 towards its erection. It is a spacious and elegant structure, in the later style of English architecture, 152 feet in length and 63 feet 6 inches in breadth, and forms a striking ornament to the place.” G.C. Ashlin added an apse in 1893 with two later porches by his firm Ashlin & Coleman in 1911. Still in use as a parish church today.