Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1854 – Royal Cork Yacht Club, Cobh, Co. Cork

Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: Anthony Salvin

0113

Designed by Anthony Salvin (1799-1881), a distinguished English architect and an expert in fortified architecture. He was involved in the restoration of many castles including the Tower of London and Windsor Castle. Salvin’s works include the clubhouse at Cowes. The Yacht Club in Cobh is the only example of his work in Ireland. The building was the home to the Royal Cork Yacht Club for over a century until they moved to Crosshaven for better moorings after a merger with the Royal Munster. The building is now the Sirius Arts Centre

Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1915 – Museum of Fine Arts, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Architect: McKim, Mead & White Built on land donated by the Morrison family formerly occupied by their Villa Rosa mansion,...

Close