1855 – Railway Station, Coleraine, Co. Derry

Architect: Charles Lanyon


Original railway station for the BBCPJR – Ballymena, Ballymoney, Coleraine and Portrush Junction Railway – constructed for the opening of the line in 1855. A second building in a similar style but with paired windows was added in the 1880s to provide another platform – the downline. It’s still in use today but Lanyon’s building behind the up plaform was demolished in 1974.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com