“The accompanying engraving represents a church recently erected in Canada, on the banks of Lake Huron, for a small and scattered congregation, who were much in want of a permanent place wherein to meet for public worship. The church consists of a nave 52 feet lonmg by 25 feet wide and 36 feet in height to the underside of the ridge; a north transept, in which a room is set apart for general purposes such as the fabrication of tea for occasional tea meetings and containing the boilers for the heating apparatus. Over this room is placed a small organ. The lower part of the tower is used as a vestry and is 9 feet 6 inches square. The turret at the angle carried off the smole from the heating apparatus and is to the top of the vane 76 feet. The architect, from whose designs and specification the church was erected, is Mr T.C. Sorby of Florence-street, Islington.” Published in The Builder, December 17 1859.