The church’s current external and internal appearance owes much to the extensive works undertaken by Welland & Gillespie for the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. It is typical of the early 19th century Board of First Fruits Churches. There was a steeple erected on a tower around 1815, which lasted only 9 years. The interior has a good hammerbeam wooden roof, some fine carved memorials and stained glass. This building now houses the town library, having being leased since the early 1990s from the Church of Ireland by Mayo County Council.