1863 – Ulster Bank, Longford, Co. Longford
Fine limestone facade with carved riverine keystones to the windows on the ground floor.
“We may repeat the architect is l\Ir. James Bell, jun., a young and rising member of the profession ; and Mr. Walter Doolin is the builder engaged in the construction. Our readers will perceive that this is the second Bank house erected under the auspices of the highly enterprising Ulster Banking Company, illustrated by us since the commencement of our New Series. It is well to find a company prospering by Irish capital, and by its transactions with the Irish people spending money patriotically and liberally in Ireland, and not elsewhere, as others are perpetually doing.” Published in The Irish Builder, February 15 1863.