Tinode House was burned to the ground in 1922 by the IRA, and has since been partially rebuilt. Part of the entrance front was reconstructed as a single storey as the upper walls had collapsed, the main garden front being largely as illustrated in The Irish Builder.
“In our illustration, we give a north-east view of Tinode House, near Blessington, the residence of W.H.F. Cogan, Esq., M.P. It is placed on an elevated position, commanding an extensive prospect of the surrounding country, the adjacent grounds being tastefully laid out in terraces to suit the sloping nature of the site. It is built of granite; the dressing of the windows, door-cases, cornices, string-courses, &c., being finely chiselled, and filled between with broken ashlar punched work. The hall-door shown in our engraving is of a very handsome design, with polished red marble pillars, supporting the canopy or hood of door. There are extensive stabling, and offices now in course of erection. Architect, W.F. Caldbeck, Esq., 24, Harcourt-street, Dublin.”