Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1865 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Arless, Co. Laois

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin


Fine gothic exterior with spire on an elevated site makes Pugin & Ashlin’s church at Arless a landmark in the local landscape. The interior has some original fittings, with more modern woodwork, not always sympathetic. The interior had a gallery inserted in the 1970s.

Photograph courtesy, and copyright of Keith J. Allen.

Read previous post:
1863 – Former Town Hall, Mountmellick, Co. Laois

Architect: William Caldbeck Detached three-bay two-storey gable-fronted former town hall, designed by William Caldbeck and built alongside his bank constructed...