Commissioned in 1864but not completed for several years, and designed to serve a new suburb of Dublin. Entrance to the church is through an open porch beneath an intended belfry which was truncated just above the roof level of the covered cloister. A plan in the 1970s was to add a south aisle and transept, and complete the spire. Only the construction of the aisle was completed, the tower unfinished to this day.
“The Illustration for the present number is of a new church which is about to be erected at Temple Road on a site granted by the Right Hon. Viscount Palmerston. The church will accommodate 200 persons. Mr. Thomas Drew Architect.” The Irish Builder, December 1 1864.