Architect: E.H. Carson
Opened in 1843 as Samuel Steel’s Commercial and Family Hotel. Destroyed by fire in 1864, it was rebuilt by architect E.H. Carson, with later work by Timothy Hevey in 1869. Closed in the 1970s, it was demolished in the early 1980s to make way for an office building, Áras Uí Dhálaigh.
Photograph licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Ireland License. Copyright information: © University College Dublin, National University of Ireland, Dublin.