Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1868 – Prince Albert Statue, Leinster House, Dublin

Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: John Henry Foley

0186

0186

Statue commemorating the Prince Consort, Prince Albert, husband of Queen Victoria, on the site of the Irish Exhibition of 1853. Albert was an enthusiastic backer of these exhibitions to educate and improve. It was moved in 1923 to be replaced by a cenotaph commemorating Arthur Griffith, Michael Collins and, in 1927, Kevin O’Higgins.

Tweet about this on Twitter1Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

More in Architecture of Dublin City
1871 – Kerr & Sons, Nos. 114-115 Capel Street, Dublin

Architect: John McCurdy Fine Victorian warehouse in brick with stucco decoration. In use today as a antiques gallery. "The structure externally presents a good block of building artistically rendered, and...

Close