New railway hotel premises from Mr. Patrick Burns, Shore Rd., Hollywood, Co. Down. “The material used in the construction is perforated brick and Scrabo stone, the stone being introduced sparingly. The interior doors, fittings etc. are to be of pitch pine stained and varnished. To judge from our illustration, the building seems well adapted for its purpose, and its situation – the angle shown in our lithographs – has an aspect both to the railway station and steamboat pier. The builder is Mr. William Nimick, of Holywood, and the works are to be finished about March next.” From The Irish Builder, October 1 1869.