1869 – Granary, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Ponton & Gough

0007

The Granary was built in 1869 for Wait, James and Co. As large amounts of grain were spread out to dry in this building, so it had to be strong, stable and warm, with maximum ventilation. A striking example of the Victorian fashion for using Venetian, Moorish and Byzantine features – completed in polychromic brickwork. In 2002 the building was converted into flats.

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com