1872 – Nos.12-13 Lower O’Connell Street, Dublin
Shops & dwellings, for J.G. Mooney. Constructed in Dalkey granite & Portland stone, it was converted into a branch of the Hibernian Bank in 1878, and destroyed in the Easter Rising of 1916.
“Our illustration this number represents the shops and dwelling-houses recently erected at the corner of Sackville-street and Lower Abbey-street, for Mr. J. G. Mooney. They are built with Dalkey granite and Portland stone, and on the ground storey Aberdeen granite shafts are used. The shops are elaborately decorated, and are fitted up with every modern convenience, and are provided with hydraulic and chain lifts, &c., necessary for carrying on the respective businesses. The works were carried out by Messrs. Michael Meade and Son ; the decorations by Mr. Mannix ; and the fittings by Mr. Walsh. Mr. Thomas N. Deane, R.H.A., was the architect.” The Irish Builder, September 15 1872.