1875 – Creagh, Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo
Creagh House was built by Colonel Knox in 1875, ‘beautiful manor house to the right of the French chateau lately occupied by his predecessor’ when the footprint of the house extended over one third of an acre, Reduced in size in the 1930s by fire, when part of it was demolished, there still remains today a sizeable period house of around 6000 square feet. In the old photographs at top, the structure to the right of the central tower has been demolished. The property occupies grounds of just under 2 acres, looking toward Lough Mask. Still in use as a residence, it is in need of some repair.