1875 – Mary Immaculate Church, Inchicore, Dublin
Started in the early 1870s, the facade of this church was Ashlin was not completed until the 1920s. The church was opened in 1878 although not fully completed due to lack of funds, and finally consecrated in 1903. Ashlin had more elaborate and ambitious plans for the church – he produced designs in the 1880s for a crossing tower and transepts which were never constructed. The interior had work by James Pearse, anmd mosaics by Oppenheimer, below a painted ceiling.