Still in use today, this is a fine Presbyterian chirch finished in local limestone on a slightly elevated site above streetlevel. “Donemana, where this church is being built , is a pleasantly situated village rather more than midway from Londonderry to Strabane, and is centre of a very fine district. Some weeks since foundation stone was laid and works are now being carried out under contract. Local limestone is used for walls, with Dungiven freestone dressings, etc., and the roofs will be covered with red and blue Bangor slates. The external dimensions are 82ft., by 44ft., having in addition session and minister’s rooms at east end. Principal entrance is in west gable by a deeply-recessed double door-way opening on porch 26ft by 10ft, with stairs in either side of same to gallery at west end of church and over porch. Open pews provide accommodation for 650 persons on ground floor and gallery. Choir seats and platform pulpit are at east end. The roof is partly open, having ceiling about half height 32 feet from floor. All the woodwork throughout to be stained and varnished and the lights are to be filled in with metal sashes and tinted glass.
The church is from designs by Mr. William McElwee, architect of Derry, and is now being built by Mr. Robert Colhoun, builder, also of Derry, the estimated cost being £1850. ” Published in The Irish Builder, July 15 1876.