1880s – Boland’s Bakery, 9 Georges St., Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
One of the Boland’s retail shops around Dublin, this shop on George’s Street was a fine Victorian building, with ornate stucco and shopfront. Boland’s had several bakeries in the city as well as a network of shops. The original bakery was off Capel Street between Mary (Abbey) Street and Little Mary Street. In the late 1970s Boland’s merged with Jacobs Biscuits Ltd., to form Irish Biscuits Ltd. with much of the production moved to premises in Belgard, Tallaght. This building was demolished in 1901 to allow for street widening.