Designed for Brown, Corbett & Co. Demolished. “These premises, which will be known as “Ceylon Buildings,” have a frontage of 50ft. and extend back about 60ft. As a timber pond formerly occupied the site, it was necessary to pay particular attention to the foundations. Little ornament has been used but owing to the numerous opens, the building has a light appearance. The exterior is faced with the best perforated red brick, blue ones being introduced in the arches and the neckings of opens, which are tuck jointed. The sills, archivolts, cornice, and springers, are cut stone from Dungannon. The shop sashes are mahogany, having upper portions hinged on pivots for ventilation. The front is carried by beams of wood, having rolled iron flitch in centre, supported on large panelled and moulded metal pilasters. The work has now been completed in a satisfactory manner by the contractors, Messrs. Dixon and Co., under the superintendence of the architect, Mr. Willam Batt, jun.” Published in The Irish Builder, January 1 1882.