1883 – Carrollstown House, Trim, Co. Meath

Architect: John P. Davis


Completed by June 1883, for P.J. Dunne, JP. “The entrance hall is beautifully laid out with encaustic tiles, and is separated from the staircase or inner hall by marble columns, having Corinthian capitals; the stairs is lighted by a stained glass dome. All the carpenter work of the interior is finished in selected pitch pine; and the pilasters, architraves, and entablature of the doors and windows on principal storey are elaborately enriched by carving in the same material. The plastering of the interior walls is all finished in grey coating, and the ceilings finished with chaste cornices and centres”. Published in The Irish Builder, June 15 1883,

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com