1883 – Railway Station, Sion Mills, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William H. Mills



Another one of William H. Mills’ characteristic polychromatic stations for the GNR – yellow brick relieved with black, brown, and purple courses. Constructed to replace an earlier LER station (Londonderry and Enniskillen Railway) and to serve the mills. Unusually for the GNR, the stationmaster’s accommodation was incorporated into the station building, usually a separate residence was provided. Closed on 15 February 1965. Only the platform remains today.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com