`The new premises, the subject of our illustration, are now being erected from the design of Mr. E.J. Byrne, architect, of 4 Waring-street Belfast, for Mr. Patrick Leonard, wine merchant. The ground floor is occupied by the shop from which open the billiard-room and smoking-room the upper apartments being use for the dwelling-house. Red brick, with cement dressings, has been used externally. The upper part of shop windows are glazed with ornamental lead lights with monogram. An extensive cellar is formed under the whole extent of the house, from whence speaking -tubes are connected with the shop. The fittings of the shop are in pitch pine and mahogany. The works are being carried out by Mr. Bernard Macaulay, builder, under the superintendence of Mr. E.J. Byrne, architect with the assistance of Mr. James Byrne as clerk of works.”Published in The Irish Builder, August 15 1884.