1885 – Second Presbyterian Church, Ballymoney, Co. Antrim
The foundation stone of the New Church was laid on the 17th of June, 1884, and the Church was opened for worship on the 11th September, 1885, by the Reverend John Hall, of New York. The church cost about £3,500. The Lecture Hall, which cost about £750, was added in 1895.
“The new church, illustrated in this issue, will occupy the same site as the old one and will consist of a nave, with slightly projecting transepts, approached from a spacious vestibule. The tower and spire will rise to a height of 125 ft. The walling and dressings will be of sandstone from the Dungiven quarries. The internal wood will be of pitch pine varnished. The windows will be filled with cathedral glass on lead quarries. The contractor for the works is Mr. R. Young, Ballymoney; and the architects are Messrs. Young and Mackenszie, Belfast.” Published in The Irish Builder, July 15, 1884