1886 – Former Post Office, Royal Avenue, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: James H. Owen

stanns_side_lge

stanns_side_lge

Belfast’s General Post Office that stood on Royal Avenue, by James Owen of the Board of Works. It was built from Dungannon stone with a machicolated cornice and Romanesque windows. Demolished in June 1985 to make way for the CastleCourt Centre.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com