A fine Victorian Gothic church on a elevated site, that is still in use today by its congregation. A later school was erected in the 1880s and connected to the church building. “This church, now in course of erection, occupies a prominent site at the junction of Derryvolgie-avenue with the Lisburn-road. The walls throughout are built of white sandstone from the Scrabo quarries, Newtownards, affording a pleasing contrast to the cutstone dressings, which are of red Dumfries sandstone finely rubbed. The plan of the church consist of a nave with transepts, giving accommodation to close on 700 persons. The buildings at the rere comprise, session room, minister’s room, lavatories &c., with a large class-room above. The principal entrance, placed in the gable facing Derryvolgie-avenue is of large dimensions, with deeply recessed and panelled jambs, giving access to two doorways. A richly-traceried seven-light windows occupies the upper portion of the gable. The tower and spre rise to a height of above 150ft. The ceilings are divided into bays by massive moulded principals, between which are panels , with sheeting of white fir, varnished. The pulpit and pews are constructed of pitch pine and American walnut. The windows are glazed with Gothic leading in geometrical patterns. The contract for the work is being carried out by Mr. Robert Corry, Donegall-pass, from the plans and under the superintendence of the architects, Messrs. Young and Mackenzie, Belfast. The cost will be 6,000.” Published in The Irish Builder, April 15 1886.