William Batt had designed several other Orange Halls including the Orange Hall in Clifton Street, were he was a member of Eldon L.O.L. No 7. Watt and the hall committee believed that the building should make a public statement and be a focal point for its community. To achieve this, the interior of the building would be designed around its exterior – with the tower as the main focal point. In 1887, when completed, the Orange Hall would have been one of the tallest buildings in Ballynafeigh. The building is finished externally in red and black brickwork. Still in use today, and largely as designed. Illustration published in The Irish Builder, November 1 1887.