1890 – Danske Bank, Marcus Square, Newry

Architect: William J. Watson

newry_danskbank

newry_danskbank2newry_danskbank2newry_danskbank2newry_danskbank2newry_danskbank2

newry_danskbank2

Originally constructed as a branch of the Belfast Banking Co., which existed until its 1970 merger to form the Northern Bank, now Danske bank. Watson’s design is a three storey building with attics, projecting balconies, and is heavily embellished in the Gothic manne The Belfast Banking Co. name cane still be seen over the main entrance, which has a crude shutter installed.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com