Originally opened by the Belfast & County Down Railway in 1848, the station at Queen’s Quay was rebuilt in 1910-14, extending the original building on both sides. The Belfast Holywood & Bangor Railway built a separate terminus in 1865 and this was combined with the BCDR buildings when the two companies merged in 1884. It lost most of its services in 1950 and was finally closed in 1976 as part of the central line project. Later demolished to make way for the cross-harbour road and rail link.
Photograph Copyright TheTurfBurner and licensed for reuse under Creative Commons Licence.