1898 – Buckingham Palace Mansions, Westminster, London

Architect: C.J. Pawley


“The illustration shows the perspective view of this block of residential flats and shops, which occupied a very magnificent position with a frontage to James-street, Buckingham Place, Westminster. The building is faced with T.L. Laurence’s red bricks, and Portland stone. The carved brickwork (by Mr. Gilbert Seale) and the roofs are covered with green slates, and the dormers are in copper. The contract for the building (exclusive of the decorating and electric lighting), has been let to Mr. L.J. Hall, contractor, of Dover, for £21,000, and Mr. Charles James Chirney Pawley, of Westminster, is the architect.”

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com