“This building has recently been erected on a site adjoining the college chapel and overlooking the playing-field. It is built of red brick, with red sandstone dressings and green slate roof. The external woodwork is painted apple green. The terraces in front of the pavilion are intended to accommodate spectators. The work has been carefully carried out by the contractor?, Messrs. Chamberlain Brothers, of Burton-on-Trent. The architect is Mr. Bertram Heywood, M.A.” Published in The Building News, February 25 1898.